Code P0101 MAF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benedict

Reaction score
I know my travails are less than many of the issues posted here, but i am at wits end and am looking for wisdom from more experienced owners than I. I have searched the forum and tried almost everything, but hope that I am over looking something. I see references to resetting the ECU. How does one do this???

The backstory: I've owned several land Rovers over the years, but my faithful 2000 HSE 4.6l is now in sickbay awaiting a heart transplant. In the meantime, I picked up a second 2000 HSE 4.6l at a very fair price with only 89k miles and complete service records from the local Rover dealer. It came with a very recent good emissions test, so I was surprised when, one week on, the dreaded P0101 code popped up. So, I inspected the MAF and in doing so found the dirtiest air filter I've ever run across. MAF looked clean so I reset the codes and ran through the cycle with the new air filter. P0101 popped up again. Knowing that my other RR was not showing any codes, let alone the P0101 code, I elected to swap the "proven" MAF for the one in the newly acquired HSE. Both MAF's are Bosch. Cleared the codes again, and wouldn't you know, P0101 is back again.
So, I cleaned the original MAF with MAF cleaner, let it dry overnight, to no avail...P0101 is back again.
I have checked for vacuum leaks and have found none, but I have not attempted to "smoke" test it yet.

I notice that all I have to do is drive about 10 miles with 2 or 3 ignition off/on cycles and the P0101 comes on...

What am I missing here? Any suggestions are welcome...I have to pass emissions testing to get this truck registered...Arrrgh.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First make sure the air filter lid is properly seated, second check the gas cap as it may not be holding pressure properly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA