2015 Issues anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update from dealer ...

Software patch for terrain response, there was a mismatch between the onscreen display and the highlighted button on dash.

New suspension air compressor, it was throwing a fault and seemed louder than 'normal'.

New starter motor (backordered). He said there was a record of this being a problem with start button malfunctions.

Backorder could be as little as 3days or as much as one month. In the mean time I got a jaguar xf loaner. He will find out timing by friday, if it is a month he can pull a starter off a fresh delivery and fix it sooner. Seems like a good option to me.

That is quite a list for a week old vehicle. Their parts suppliers must be terrible.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update from dealer ...

Software patch for terrain response, there was a mismatch between the onscreen display and the highlighted button on dash.

New suspension air compressor, it was throwing a fault and seemed louder than 'normal'.

New starter motor (backordered). He said there was a record of this being a problem with start button malfunctions.

Backorder could be as little as 3days or as much as one month. In the mean time I got a jaguar xf loaner. He will find out timing by friday, if it is a month he can pull a starter off a fresh delivery and fix it sooner. Seems like a good option to me.

As part of the repair of ours, they also replaced the air compressor for a faulty exhaust valve, although in retrospect it really wasn't the issue (ours was the cooler box interference.)

Derman

Reaction score
Wow....I'd be kidding myself if I wasnt a little worried. It seems like all the issues get solved, but yikes. I just don't want to be pay for a new rig that doesn't work.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow....I'd be kidding myself if I wasnt a little worried. It seems like all the issues get solved, but yikes. I just don't want to be pay for a new rig that doesn't work.

That was my frustration as well. Pay $60k+ for a vehicle that is brand new and a 1k miles later it doesn't work....

Reaction score
That was my frustration as well. Pay $60k+ for a vehicle that is brand new and a 1k miles later it doesn't work....

Yup that's what I'm trying to get through to Landrover up in Canada here it's 80K. Will find out March 12th but I did get a better rep at Landrover Canada. I'd suggest opening up a file with them sooner than later just in case it has a history of issues coming up. Hope not for all of us :) I've checked every cord and it seems tight and mine still wouldn't start sometimes after the new starter motor was put in, but hopefully yours will. And some days no problems?? Sorry to make you worry Derman but they really are the best things in all weather conditions when they work :)

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer still can not locate a new starter. When I said pull one out of a new car, he said there is no guarantee a new starter out of the inventory will fix it. He said there are 5 LR4's at another dealership with the same issue and this needs to be a new starter unit. He said to wait til this Wednesday for another update, he is meeting with someone in person from Landrover engineering.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer still can not locate a new starter. When I said pull one out of a new car, he said there is no guarantee a new starter out of the inventory will fix it. He said there are 5 LR4's at another dealership with the same issue and this needs to be a new starter unit. He said to wait til this Wednesday for another update, he is meeting with someone in person from Landrover engineering.

I do wish you good luck with this. Keep good records and hope its only one starter to get it fixed. Its very frustrating to go weeks at a time without your vehicle. That Jag is only nice in the beginning.

Interpol

Reaction score
:eek: yikes, another 5 at another dealership with the same issue, wonder if this is going to turn into a recall.
my order on my vehicle said planned build date 3/13/15, i hope they address these issues on the new vehicles, im starting to run out of nails to bite.

Reaction score
Yikes indeed, I can only go from my experience but the dealership replaced everything starter related wires, motor, etc. And have still had issues, although no starting issues in the past 2 weeks :) Just all the other faults came up when they replaced everything :confused:

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When should I start escalating to corporate?

Should I give the dealer until Wednesday to make this right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut