Lr3 2005

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denise.ilazi

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out here. There is a yellow based plastic piece with a wire looped into it underneath my middle console. If you remove the consol to look at the gear shift (automatic) there it is with a picture of a book to the right of it. I have attached pictures.

Attachments

• 1425130312082.jpg
    1425130312082.jpg
    899.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 1425130341835.jpg
    1425130341835.jpg
    676.4 KB · Views: 25

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the manual release for the parking brake, for when the electric one fails.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't even know that was there. Is it easy to access?

Of course, my parking break just stopped working, but at least it is not working in the off position. (I was told the control module was going bad so it wasn't a surprise)

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine too todd. Actually it's been a year, you get used to the stupid light. I have a veeeerrrrry slow mechanic, who has replaced the module but hasn't run the reset procedure yet so the light is still on. Fortunately Michigan is flat! You can buy a used module btw. I'll tell you how it worked out for me...someday.

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The instructions are in the owners manual. There is a small access panel you can pry out of the bottom of the right side "pencil holder" cubby you can then find the loop with a flashlight and a screwdriver. Slip the screwdriver through the loop and use it to pull the cable up to release the brake. Depending on how the truck is sitting it can be very difficult to pull since the brake is holding 3.5 tons on a hill.

denise.ilazi

Reaction score
Okay another inquiry, my suspension is messing up it says "suspension fault, normal hight only" however when I had it looked at the comressor was at least working (making noise as if its rising) now it wont lower and the back is higher than the front. The settings inside the vehicle where you select high or low, will not funtion at all (no lights lit up) and the special features knob has no lights either. Anyone have suggestions?? The guy that worked on it blew the line out to help the air flow through the air compressure, that obviously did not work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slack