Lost!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeorgeS_83

Reaction score
OK so my Disco II is in the shop right now. It over heated and ran some tests and came back with exhaust in the coolant. replaced the head gaskets and had the heads test for any leaks. The shop that did the test for leaks said it is good to go. Well the Disco shop put the vic back together and now it has coolant in cylinder 4 with a misfire code. Just wonder where the coolant can come from if the head shop said it was good. the disco shop used a camera to look in and see the coolant. he said he did not see where it is coming from. So at this point i might have to get a new head.

and this is where i stand right now

So i talked to the shop today and he said he is going to look over it through the weekend. He guy still has no idea what it could be. to recap;
disco overheated.
check engine light on
misfire in #4
looked in cylinder with camera saw coolant on top of piston head
did head gasket job
took head to get tested, cleaned and surfaced
test came back good to go
put back together
started it up cooling system is over-pressurizing with hoses getting hard as rock
looked in cylinder saw no coolant
let depress over night
morning saw coolant on top of piston head
shop says "don't know what is wrong"

that is the recap of the disco right now. i don't think the shop has ran a pressure test on the block and now it is back together. I am hoping it is a head problem but I am scared it might be the block.

this is off of another forum and got some great insight there just wondering if anyone on here has had this problem before.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA