Help. LR won't start. Clicking sound.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not driven it in past 3 days so when I took it out, it is just giving clicking sounds and also says Transmission Fault, Traction Lowered. Now, I had the transmission checked out just last week before purchasing the car and it was fine. Is it just a battery issue? Just jump start the car or tow it to mechanic? Frustrating

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jump start it. If it starts then the battery is likely the problem. Get a new one.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. AAA offers battery with 3 year replacement for $140 and independent for 280. Any recommendations on which one to choose?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by "...and independent for 280."

I use an Interstate battery. Others on here have tried other things with great success...do some searching. There was one battery, darn I can't remember the name, but it sounded really intriguing to me. I think it was a deep-cycle of some variety that fits in the compartment. Ugh.

$140 sounds sort of cheap; you'll want to make sure it meets all specs. Get a good one; the LR3 likes electrons.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys - thanks a lot for your inputs. The battery had discharged down to 33/800 as my husband had forgotten to switch off a reading light. AAA jump-started the car and I drove it hard for 40 minutes and the charge seems back to normal.

Lesson learnt: Make sure all lights are off for this electron-hungry beast!

Thc for the tip on Deka - will do when this one dies out completely. Thanks again

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't been happy with my Interstate battery.

Any suggestions for replacement? I'd like to pick one up locally (20878) and wasn't sure if there are some readily available batteries you guys recommend. Is DieHard dead to you also?

Thanks for any inputs.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
todd I think you have a recommendation above! The Deka.

I have had great luck with Interstate, myself. I'll get the Deka next just because it sounds cool....but my Interstate is about a year old so will be around a while.

cannonball55

Reaction score
i used an interstate battery, no issues here either. the deka does sound cool, but difficulty to find would be a turn off.

also in regards to the reading light... I've left all of mine switched on (3 year old turned them on when i was washing and since the car was off i didnt check) and had no drain of any kind. they stayed that way for over a week.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA