Where to start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freeme1

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2004 Freelander that I knew was in need of some engine and transmission work. I first want to get it running right before I go to the Transmission. The check engine light is on and it is running rough. I ran a scan and these are the codes that came up:

P1319 Manufacture controlled Ignition system or misfire
P0174 Bank 2 system running too lean
P1472 Manufacture Controlled Auxiliary emission controls
P1775 Manufacture Controlled Transmission
P 0606 Engine Control Module/Powertrain control Module Processor Pending
P0301, 0302 0303 Misfires on Cylinders 1,2,& 3

Just looking for some advise on where to start?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly you may not find what you want when it comes to Freelanders... They tend to be throw away when you start having engine issues. I hate to say that, but sadly it is true. Most people that have owned rovers or look at the forums a lot will shy aways from them.

Freeme1

Reaction score
Thanks and I'll call when I get back home next week. Thanks again

Freeme1

Reaction score
Ok, I First checked the compression on all cylinders. They range from 180 to 220. Then I changed all of the plugs and replaced all of the coils. Seems to run smooth but there is this strange knock??? It got too late so I didn't try to take it down the road. Any thoughts??

I found the noise, it is coming from the Timing belt on Cylinders 1,3 & 5 closest to the Battery. It sounds and looks like it is slapping the plastic cover on one side. What do you think?

Marty
2004 Freelander 80K

Freeme1

Reaction score
I removed the cover and the belt looks like it is slapping the cover. I attached a couple of pictures for reference.

belt 1.jpg

photo.JPG

Marty
04 Freelander 80K

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA