Disco 2 ABS issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Francho

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm new here and new to the LR world as well. I have the 3 amigos lights on on the dashboard and I already replaced a hub on one of the wheels and the ABS shuttle valve switch at the bottom of the unit. The LR mechanics mentioned that it could be the control unit as well, since the code has not cleared after those repairs. Do you happen to know where it is located in the disco 2 (2002)? Is it accessible? is it too difficult to replace? does it need reprogramming/

Thanks.

niceflipflop

Reaction score
I just fixed my amigos today, using the ABS mod here: http://landroverclubvi.weebly.com/abs-mod.html , which seems to be the go-to guide for getting rid of them.

If the root cause of your amigos is the same as mine, then replacing the shuttle valve switches wouldn't help, because it's actually a problem somewhere between the SVS plug and the ABS module wiring harness.

I pulled out my switch and put a multimeter to it and it was fine. So I went ahead and did option B in the guide above: bypassed the module altogether by splicing a standard trailer connector between the SVS and the GY wire in the loom, and then grounding to the body.

Amigos gone. Put my code scanner to it just to be sure. No faults.

The bad news is you might have wasted $$ on the new switch. But the good news is it's still fixable. :)

good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut