Aintree Green

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Series truck. The color is very similar to my Ninety. :)

CaptainSpalding,

Unfortunately, the Series truck isn't mine. I was simply stating that to me, that is the classic Land Rover color -- I wish there was something similar now. I LOVE your Defender.

I'm getting ready to put a deposit down on an LR4 -- probably tomorrow. Unless I change my mind, I'm going with Ipanema Sand - Almond/Arabica. I've tried to talk myself into the Aintree Green a hundred times, but I just can't pull the trigger on a color sight unseen.

Plus, the Ipanema Sand reminds me of this :)

1973LandRover_700.jpg

Last edited:

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
. . . I LOVE your Defender.
Thanks! Me too.

. . . I'm getting ready to put a deposit down on an LR4 -- probably tomorrow. . .
Awesome. Congratulations. And may I add:

I've read many times about folks who didn't get just the LR4 they wanted. I wanted the HD package, but was told I'd have to wait months, and when I said I might be willing to, the salesman's attitude totally changed. He went from "it might be months" to maybe never.

That really ****** me off, and I regret not having gotten exactly what I want. I think if more of us dug our heels in and insisted on getting what we wanted, Land Rover might make more of an effort to accommodate us. So, for the benefit of all who follow you, don't let them push you around! Insist they get you what you want.

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, for the benefit of all who follow you, don't let them push you around! Insist they get you what you want.

Thanks for the advice. I feel fortunate in that the salesman I've been dealing with truly seems intent on making us (my wife and I) happy. He encouraged me to order my LR4 because I mentioned wanting the Heavy Duty Pkg. When, out of curiosity, I asked him if the dealer preferred ordering vehicles or searching at other dealerships, he said "we prefer what's best for our customers."

This will be the second vehicle I've purchased from them. I purposely seeked out the same sales rep from before, and I think he really appreciated the gesture.

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw a new Jaguar XJ in Taiga Green, and it was gorgeous. Does anyone know if Land Rover and Jaguar share color palettes and just change the name?

UPDATE: Here's an email response from LR:

Thank you for contacting the Land Rover Customer Relationship Center.
We appreciate your interest in the Land Rover and Range Rover brands. The paint colors are not shared by both brands and would not match.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-637-6837, option 9, or by e-mail.
Regards,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA