Toying with selling... Any interest?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not posting til it's official! Who wants to buy the ole beast?! Such a legend. Needs to go to a good home.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posting to the wrong crowd. 75%+ who read this are fully committed to LR4's. You need to hit the Expo crowd.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I will let the cat out of the bag, he is getting a Lexus RX450h..... he wanted something really off road worthy - HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just kidding :) But it is Japanese!!!!!!!!!

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I will let the cat out of the bag, he is getting a Lexus RX450h..... he wanted something really off road worthy - HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just kidding :) But it is Japanese!!!!!!!!!

Anything Japanese is going to be BORING! ;)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything Japanese is going to be BORING! ;)
My buddy over at www.overlandbound.com has a pretty darn awesome modified FJ80. It's far from boring.

But, I do know what you mean. I drove a 2013 Land Cruiser when I was deciding if I would order my 2013 LR4 and man that truck was SO BORING to drive. Not to mention just engaging low range and their version of terrain response required you to be a 12-year old Japanese gamer.

Iron oak

Reaction score
My buddy over at www.overlandbound.com has a pretty darn awesome modified FJ80. It's far from boring.

But, I do know what you mean. I drove a 2013 Land Cruiser when I was deciding if I would order my 2013 LR4 and man that truck was SO BORING to drive. Not to mention just engaging low range and their version of terrain response required you to be a 12-year old Japanese gamer.

I completely agree. I came from Toyota to LR. Great trucks but lacking in the soul department. They don't generate the emotional response you get with a European vehicle. I tend to like Toyota's older truck models better. Overlandbound's FJ80 is a prime example. My uncle had restored and built up a couple FJ40's which were quite awesome. My wife and I toyed around with purchasing a new Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro vs the LR4 but there were just too many compromises with the Toyota. We are so happy we went with the LR. Haven't looked back since.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro?! :boring::hmmmm2:

Little let down, was hoping for an GX series, but they do look great when built up. Sadly, I do really love the idea of the Toyota's but can't seem to make my heart follow my mind. Plus I don't see any value in the Toyota 4Runner over the Wrangler. Cost of entry is similar if not higher and the parts for the Jeep are far cheaper. Don't want to even talk about reliability either as I have had 2 wranglers and neither have failed me once.

What forum will you be putting your build on? Can't wait to see what you do with it Brandon! Enjoy! :rock:

Last edited:

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys beat me to it! Picked up my 2015 4Runner TRD Pro last week. 1 of 500 in Super White.

The LR4 did me very well for my almost two years of ownership. It was a fun, never-ending project, but it was time for something new. My CPO warranty was almost up, it always seemed like something needed to be addressed (minor things), and I was really looking for something a bit more reliable with a larger aftermarket base. Also, I don't tend to keep vehicles very long. I did not want a Wrangler, because I can't go a half mile without seeing a dozen of them!

While it does not boast the name "Land Rover," there is nothing boring about the TRD Pro. Only 1500 are being made for the US market. With Eibach Springs, Bilstein Remote Reservoir Shocks, and a rear locker, this thing is ready to get down. On and off-road, I find the ride to be significantly more enjoyable than the LR4. The interior is loaded, heated seats, nav, backup cam, pandora radio, etc. The off road goodies are nice, but much simpler. It still has a LR-style Terrain Response system, as well as up- and down-hill Crawl Control (I have yet to try this out). I have taken it off the pavement just a couple of times so far and was blown away at how it handles.

I probably won't post a build thread anywhere, but you are welcome to add me on Facebook or follow me on Instagram (PM me for my username) to see the progress of my new toy.

It's been real guys; you'll find me back here if LR doesn't screw up the new Defender ;-)

Happy Holidays,

Brandon

Attachments

• IMG_5813.jpg
    IMG_5813.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 50