Radio Stuck In Phone Mode, No Volume through radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2009aston

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Range Rover Sport. The other day for whatever reason the radio seems to have gotten stuck in phone mode. The symptoms are that the LCD screen is lit up, but i have to press on it to see any of the words on it,. ie, when i press gently the dark part of the letters show up. The radio will not play and i can only here the radio ever so slightly if i turn the volume knob all the way. Also note that I have seen the low power mode also show up faintly in the background. My blue tooth works just fine, i can make calls, hear through the internal audio system, navigation works, rear dvd and audio works. I can plug in headphones into the rear audio jacks and listen to the radio just fine. I have disconnected the battery terminals to attempt to reset any defaults with no luck. I checked fuses and all seem to be fine. Strangely enough, after disconnecting the battery terminals and then reconnecting them, i briefly got the radio to come through but only to go away as it went back into phone mode. Not sure what is going on but it is driving me nuts. I have not had any problems with this vehicle. Is there another fuse i could be missing? Should i try leaving the battery disconnected overnight? Our local Range Rover dealership just went out of business so it's not close to get to the next one.

Last edited:

test_runj

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my 2005 Range Rover Sport, I called my dealership but to no Avail they have no clue, I am going to have to take it in.

2009aston

Reaction score
The radio came back on a few weeks ago but the LCD is still faded. Not sure what is going on. Hopefully you won't need a new head unit as they run about $1,500. Also, you may want to give it a week or two, or three to see if it comes back on. Mine went off for about 3 1/2 weeks and one morning I started it up and it came on and has been on ever since. I am sure it will bomb out at some point. Let me know what the dealer says.

Carsonliggan

Reaction score
My 1999 discovery 2 radio has been doing to same thing since about February I haven't tried doing anything to it thought I was wondering if you guys ever found a souloution thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut