2007 Range Rover HSE Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frank021474

Reaction score
Here is a sequence of events:

1. Get in car- start blackberry connects to the cars bluetooth
2. Drive, get calls make calls bluetooth works great
3. Arrive at destination no longer on a phone conversation but phones still connected
4. Turn car off and remove key
5. Open door
6. Get out walk away from car

My question is how do I get the Range Rover to turn off the bluetooth module when I turn the car off? It stays on for probably 10 mins and if I am ever standing near the truck it keeps the phone routed to the handsfree.

I dont want to have to turn my phone bluetooth off every time I park the car. Anyone know how I can adjust how long the handsfree system stays on even after I turn the car off and get out? (Locking the doors)

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Great question, i used my blue tooth all the time in my LR3 and find i too have to disconnect the bt when i get out, otherwise it stays connected. if you find a solution, let me know.

LRTECH

Reaction score
Here is a sequence of events:

1. Get in car- start blackberry connects to the cars bluetooth
2. Drive, get calls make calls bluetooth works great
3. Arrive at destination no longer on a phone conversation but phones still connected
4. Turn car off and remove key
5. Open door
6. Get out walk away from car

My question is how do I get the Range Rover to turn off the bluetooth module when I turn the car off? It stays on for probably 10 mins and if I am ever standing near the truck it keeps the phone routed to the handsfree.

I dont want to have to turn my phone bluetooth off every time I park the car. Anyone know how I can adjust how long the handsfree system stays on even after I turn the car off and get out? (Locking the doors)

Did you lock the doors after you got out? If so did it stay connected?
It will stay connected for a period of time for convenience, but that should only be a few minutes.

frank021474

Reaction score
Did you lock the doors after you got out? If so did it stay connected?
It will stay connected for a period of time for convenience, but that should only be a few minutes.

Even when locking doors etc. it stays connected. Its just the period of time that the head unit stays on after turning the car off and locking up shop. Thats the smallest of concerns.... here are some other issues see if anyones run into them:

1. When using an IPHONE 3Gs and bluetooth everyone I talk to hears themselves echoing. Which is annoying

2. Since iphone bluetooth was echoing I tried a Blackberry Bold which had the same echo performance

3. Then I tried a Verizon Blackberry Tour- Echo is gone but now I have this crazy loud static pop all the time when connected on a call.

I know its a crapshoot at finding a phone that works perfect bluetooth but does anyone have any recommendations?

WaisalimaMan

Reaction score
mine's fine

08 RR S/C with Galaxy S4 and S4 Active. It works fine, connects and disconnects fine, no echo.

drivesafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bluetooth in the 2007 RR is absolute garbage, full of faults and errors.

One of them is that problem of the Bluetooth keeping control of the phone, which denies access from the phone itself once you leave the RR.

The only way I can get back access to my phone, is to walk far enough away from my RR and the phone then drops the Bluetooth connection.

Once the Bluetooth has disconnected, I can then walk back to my RR and the phone does not reconnect again until the doors are unlocked.

I also have no voice command features in the RR and all phone operations have to be done via the touch screen.

This is how they came from the factory.

Last edited:

SC_BLACKOUT

Reaction score
I can talk for about 2 minutes after ignition is turned off (2012 RR SC) this is the setting for a 2012, I couldn't find it for a 2007. Look at the photo, my app won't let me copy only photo instructions. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA