LR2 Noise when driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crosboro

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with some type of hum/drone when driving. I recently had the front bearings replaced, and the place that did that said they detected some type of hum/drone when testing the car, but checked things and could not find anything. It's not tire drone, as that changes depending on the road surface. It seems to be getting a bit louder and does change with speed changes. Anyone else have this issue? I'm probably going to take it to the local dealer, but want to find out if this is common or not. Reading a review of the newest LRs, it says they are "library quiet". Clearly not for mine!
Thanks.

z1234567890

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with some type of hum/drone when driving. I recently had the front bearings replaced, and the place that did that said they detected some type of hum/drone when testing the car, but checked things and could not find anything. It's not tire drone, as that changes depending on the road surface. It seems to be getting a bit louder and does change with speed changes. Anyone else have this issue? I'm probably going to take it to the local dealer, but want to find out if this is common or not. Reading a review of the newest LRs, it says they are "library quiet". Clearly not for mine!
Thanks.

Take to the garage or do it yourself, the idea is to lift the car, with 4 jack stands (if possible remove the tyres as well), try to accelerate up to 40 miles/hours if this is noisy means bearing issue, else might be noise from your tyre or something else

dj_karl

Reaction score
I would check the exhaust manifold, engine mount and trans mount.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA