OBD II issue (04 RR-HSE)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Basque 1

Reaction score
I am trying to check a code in my RR 04- the OBD II scanner will not read the code, the scanner is fine checked it with my other vehicle and reads fine.
Fuse for diagnostics plug checked and it is fine.
I have no fuse box under the hood that I can find, only in the cargo area, but none of these are for the diagnostics.

As side info- the dealer just completed the timing chain service and valley pan gasket.
Could something might have left unplugged?
Any thoughts???? :hmmmm:
Thanks
Lou, (Basque1)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If it were me and the dealer was last in there I would take it back and have them look.

Basque 1

Reaction score
If it were me and the dealer was last in there I would take it back and have them look.
Yup the truck is now at the dealer's but guess what they are stomped by this and they will have to wait for the shop foreman to look at it on monday:mad::stupid:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
That sucks... sorry to hear that.

Basque 1

Reaction score
Let's hope they can correct the problem, keep you posted
Lou

Basque 1

Reaction score
That sucks... sorry to hear that.

Well the dealer figured it out eventually, two codes the cat and the thermostat, I will take care of these two. Why was it not linking up with the scanner still remains a mystery. My insider will let me know what was the cause. Best of all no charge, between us I think they left something unplugged and are to embarrassed to admit to it.:stupido3:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I am glad to hear it is fixed.

Basque 1

Reaction score
OBD II issue

Hi Joey:
Yup got a call from my Lodge brother today and apparently the plug in the car was loose and unable to link. They fixed it and successfully linked to the scanner.
I am in the process of getting those 2 codes taken care of.
Regards
Lou

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA