Newbie - 2003 RR HSE Won't Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

griffgoody

Reaction score
I have a 2003 RR HSE. Truck ran great until it started making a knocking noise. Found out it was the timing chain and guides. Local shop replaced h20 pump and timing chain, guides, tensioner's etc etc.... Now it's all put back together and won't crank. You can but the key in, and everything will light up like normal. But when you turn the key. Nothing. It's like it not sending a signal or transmitting. On the display it shows: DSC Inactive and Trans Failsafe. Would these things cause the truck not to Crank. Or is it smthing else. Just spent 4k getting this done. For truck not to crank and run. Need Help. Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First thing I would do is check the battery, I know everything lights up but the battery may not have enough to crank. Second, it may require an alarm reset since I am sure they disconnected the battery for a while while work was done. Attempt to lock/unlock door with remove several times if that doesn't do it, try the key several times.

griffgoody

Reaction score
First thing I would do is check the battery, I know everything lights up but the battery may not have enough to crank. Second, it may require an alarm reset since I am sure they disconnected the battery for a while while work was done. Attempt to lock/unlock door with remove several times if that doesn't do it, try the key several times.

The battery is only 6 months old. And they charged it over night. Also, how do you do alarm reset. The shop opens on Monday. So I will tell them to try these things. Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Alarm reset is what I mentioned about the locking and unlocking the door with either the remote or the key. usually 4 times in a row with reset things, if the issue is the alarm.