AMK Compressor Troubleshooting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brucebaner1

Reaction score
Happy Memorial Day All!

I hope you all got some sun and fun; I spent mine trying to finish the Range.

I have a 2006 Range Rover and I did an overhaul of my suspension system. I installed a new AMK compressor with relay, 2 Height sensors (front), 2 Struts/bags and 2 stabilizer bars. I got stuck doing rust repair/battery replacement/passive start/window regulator so the project took a little than expected. I remembered reading on here that you must not lower the car until you fill the bags up with air. Do you need to have the tires on to test the bags? I don't notice a considerable difference in the bag size when I squeeze them.

Also, the compressor at start is REALLY loud. I hear a hissing sound and feel some cold air by the black and black fittings on the right hand hand side. I also received a warning on the dash that the car will lower when the system cools down. I've never seen that message before. I will say the compressor is pretty hot to the touch.

Do I need to tighten the fittings? Can I break something if I tighten them too much? What other troubleshooting should I do? Lastly I purchased the IID Tool, can this help?

Thanks in advance and enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Tim

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If your leaking air, then I would tighten it up.

brucebaner1

Reaction score
Compressor not responding at all?

So I tightened the leaky fittings and re-flashed the AMK ecu last night (using IID tool), started the truck tonight and the compressor is not starting or responding to me adjusting the controls. Eventually even the controls blank out and I receive a "SUSPENSION ERROR." Do I need to do something similar to a hard reboot of a computer?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA