Disabling interior lights turing on when you open a door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lr3han

Reaction score
My lr3 2006 se v8 would never turn on the interior lights untill you pushed the light buttons.Never turn on when a door would open. Never turn on after you turn off the engine.

One day my battery died for good it was ten years old. Good lifetime for a battery. But when it died immediatly started to turn on the lights everytime a door would open. And i hat it. I replaced the battery and they still turn on after i open a door, turn off the engine, or take the key out of ignition.

Does anybody know how to fix the lights so they dont turn on untill you manually push the button

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Push and hold the center light button on the front overhead console for about 5 seconds, until you hear a chime and/or see a message in the instrument cluster that says "Interior lights off", or something to that effect. Repeat to turn the interior lights back to "auto" as they are now (the default setting from the factory.)

Lr3han

Reaction score
Thank you. Soooo much i hated it so much. That was soo easy. I thought i would have to bring it to the dealer for a reset or something

farupp

Reaction score
Thanks umbertob. I knew the center button would turn off the interior lights but I never knew that they could be reset to go on or off. It's not anywhere in the manuals that I have seen.

All of these tricks should be posted in a sticky.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA