Gassy/thin/overfull oil!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmwhite

Reaction score
So the 28th of June My wife came home from work in the 06 Range Rover HSE, and the thing was STEAMING from under the hood! I too a look under the hood and there was coolant everywhere, the cap on the Radiator heater hose bleeder valve (? for lack of better knowledge of what it is) was completely blown off

She said she ran it overheating for roughly 15-20 miles... she said the needle never went into the "red zone" but it was close to it for that long...

I removed the oil cap looking for milky cooler... and nothing except the faint smell of gasoline, I touched the oil on the cap and it seemed very thin. color looked good. When she pulled in, the engine didn't sound bad either.. Today I went out to check the oil and it was, I would say, about a quarter of an inch+ above the full line on the dipstick. Again very thin, good color, no milkyness, with a fainter smell of fuel than before.

Tomorrow I plan on changing the hose and the oil, No smoke in exhaust either... What do you guys think is going on? PLEASE don't tell me Head Gasket!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I wont tell you what you don't want to hear, but head gasket may be the least of your worries if it was driven overheated for 15-20 miles. Before spending money on changing things take it to a qualified Rover mechanic and have them look it over, spend your money there first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV