98 Range Rover Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blburner

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of a company that makes a wiring harness for the a 98 Range Rover HSE? I purchased a Pioneer DEH5000UB radio including satellite service. I would rather not bypass the Harmon Kardon amp. I looking for a wiring harness that might do the job instead of having to cut...thanks, Bruce

betsi1121

Reaction score
I think you might be out of luck. Even if you could integrate with the factory amp, the wiring harness would probably cost $200, and I doubt anyone makes one. If I remember correctly, there are component speakers factory installed (thus the need for the factory amp) and if you bypass the factory amp, the pioneer radio is not going to push the factory component speakers, thus the problem with "nice" factory audio systems.

pascaltissot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t waist your time you are not going to fin any..The original radio is a very good quality radio.. I would think it twice before you make that change …you do find in the late models the satellite unit (RR 2002 ) look around in a good dealer they can find this part .(if lucky)
Saludos
Pascal

:hello:

turboomni08

Reaction score
I have already installed this Pioneer in Bruce's Range. We did find an integration harness from a company in the UK. I had to modify it to keep the subs working and all seems to work well. The problem we are having is a hum in the system. It comes from the mid-range speaker in the front doors for the most part. I have already regrounded the amps. Any other ideas to how we might fix this without bypassing the amps? Its not an input hum...the hum occurs even if the radio is unplugged and the system is sitting static with power applied to the turn on wire.

bleumntn

Reaction score
I used to have a '99 Range Rover and I tried several methods (ground loop isolators, etc) to try to eliminate the hum. Some helped but none were successful. Turn out to be an issue cause by an impedance between the output of most aftermarket head units and the input of the HK amplifiers. The only way to properly address this is by using a line driver that can handle the high impedance output of most head units and has a low impedance output. I ended up using the AudioControl Matrix Plus. After that, the only hum I had was when first turning on the stereo/ignition because the HK amps would come on before the Matrix Plus fully powered on. To fix that you would need to delay the turn on signal to the HK amps, but still cut the power immediately when turning off the stereo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV