Buying Pre-owned Range Rover Warranty - MaxCare or Extended LR warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bharatkc

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for your responses. I am in the process of buying a pre-owned Range Rover from CarMax.
The RR is under factory warranty and I want your advice on buying MaxCare or extending the warranty provided by Land Rover.

The factory warranty is cheaper but what's the better option. Should I buy the extended Land Rover warranty or buy MaxCare?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Extended warranties are like insurance, each varies a lot between sellers and what they cover. Basically Read what they don't cover and determine if it is truly worth it. Also for the cost of the warranty, would you be better off putting that amount in the bank and saving for a rainy day?

How long do you plan to keep the Rover? How long do you normally keep vehicles?

bharatkc

Reaction score
Thanks Joey ! I am probably going to keep it for 3 - 5 years. I keep hearing that LR warranties are highly recommended, given that any issue can cost in thousands of dollars. Kind of like medical insurance.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I have owned 2 Rovers and currently a Jaguar, so pretty much the same. No extended warranty on any of them for me. Of course I may be the exception, since I do most of my own work on them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut