Question about faults and fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canrover

Reaction score
Hey guys,

When I scan the car with the IIDTool I notice a lot of faults that are really insignificant and have no impact whatsoever on my day to day driving but I'm wondering if sometimes these faults pop up simply because fuses and relays have been *plugged in* literally for years. so the question here is:

- While the car is turned off, would removing and re-seating each fuse one by one help the car out in terms of fewer faults? What about doing it with the relays?

I only ask because things are so darn electronic these days. Part of my background is in building computers and many times small (VERY SMALL) hardware issues can be resolved by simply disconnecting a component and reconnecting it, often in the very same slot or port. So, applying this experience to something as electronically complex as Land Rovers, I am wondering if doing this as painstaking as it is, will help in any way.... I know that it's probably not even worth the effort but has anyone ever tried it? If so, what were the results?

Happy New Year!!!!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
In my opinion and yes we all have one. If you going to go through the trouble of that, I would just disconnect the battery once a year for basically the same effect. How often has the motherboard battery been the issue? Disconnect the positive side of the battery and touch to the negative side for a complete reboot?

canrover

Reaction score
Hey Joey thank you so much for that tip I will try it but I just want to be 100 percent clear here as most forums I have visited have tons of info and useful stuff for rovers 2005-2009.

Mine is a Range Rover Sport 2010 which I will never understand why Land Rover didn't classify it as Mark 2 or second generation due to the vast differences between the 09's and the 10's

Would this cause any damage to the electrical system of a 2010 Range Rover Sport?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as you do positive wire to the negative side of the battery no... it is a standard reset in the field type thing... if you do negative to positive all bets are off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72