Transmission fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dyylh

Reaction score
2012 Range Rover sport has 52k miles on it, yesterday showed transmission fault when it was on 65 mph, after 15 mins drove, turned off the engine, turned on again, didn't show the message. Wants to know what is the problem. Contact the dealer for service, won't get into until next Tuesday. Please help. Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Have your battery tested, at any autoparts store. The odds are your battery is starting to show its age.

Dyylh

Reaction score
Have your battery tested, at any autoparts store. The odds are your battery is starting to show its age.

Should I go to dealer or any recommended auto shop in Quincy Massachusetts? Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Any autoparts place that will test your battery for free... dealer will charge you just to test. Get that out of the way first.

If the battery is starting to age, anyone can replace it. I like the dealership for many things but most times service cost hamper me from going there.

Dyylh

Reaction score
Hi Joey, did the battery check up, it showed 1/3 battery usage left, so is it the problem caused transmission fault, should I go to dealer to check it up too? Or just replace the battery? And what brand I should get.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would replace the battery, and brand isn't a huge factor anymore with batteries it is more just a preference like oil or tires... Just make sure the battery is of equal or larger CCA and matching vehicle requirements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV