Very rare,,Smart key not found, turn on and ac,nav,seat control, windows not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozy k

Reaction score
Dear friends

Urgently need your help
+
this is very interesting cuz i dont if anyone ever faced this before
(i will try to mention each and every detail so i make sure u guys can see clearly)

Two days ago i saw my rear sensor was a bit pushed in so i tried to push it out from the back of the rear bumper,,,,,,, then yesterday i was driving my 2010 vogue when i stopped my car and without turning it off stepped out for 5 mins with key in my pocket and came back and went on my way.

After 15 mins of driving i stopped outside my house and was talking on my cell phone when i noticed that a/c and its lights are turning on and off, i also noticed that nav stopped working and instrument cluster had a message that camera's are not working and stability control is also not working.

I turned it off and tried to turn it on but it wont. holding the key under the steering wheel (as mentioned in manual) i tried but it didnt work and message kept coming "smart key not found", after 10 mins of trial and error it turned on but with the following situation

1. A/c turning on and off by itself
2. Nav not working
3. Camera not working
4. Stability control not working
5. All my dash lights (turn light and light sign) are gone.

Apparently i drove without any problems in engine and transmission

when i checked it with diagnostic system it gave me these errors

U0010 Medium speed can communication bus
U0014 Medium speed can communication bus (+) high
U0017 Medium speed can communication bus (-) high
U3000 control module

I checked all the wires and they seemed ok so i changed the battery

as soon as i changed the battery it went back to normal but only for 2 mins and then a/c went off and whole drama started again

I checked all the sensor wires and they looked fine

REMINDER: its only driver side seats not working. Power locks work.

Please share with me if anyone had the same problem

Regards

Ozy

dpvisions

Reaction score
I'm having a problem similar to this, what was the outcome with your situation. I have a 2011 RR

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I presume you changed the Rover battery, not the key fob battery. If it were me I would check to make sure the Alternator is charging as well. You have an electrical issue, battery, ground or alternator.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut