Reduced Engine Performance Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DOG222

Reaction score
My 2006 Range Rover Sport....gives Me This Indicator Light. I Just Bought The Car And My Check Engine Light Came On After 1000 Miles, I Took It To The Dealer, They Changed The Air Flow Mass And That Fixed That. Periodically I Get This "reduced Engine Performance" Indicator And My Engine Starts To Stall Or Die. Any Suggestions As To How To Fix? Is This An Computer Update? Or A Fuel System Problem?

white98z

Reaction score
If it is supercharged there is a tsb about the supercharger cooling pump wired wrong from factory and causing the pump to short out you might check into this.

DOG222

Reaction score
Reduce Engine Performance Light

I Dont Have A Supercharged Model, Regulare V/8 Engine. I Also Just Did All The Computer Updates, Still The Light Comes On Periodically And The Engine Misses Or Stalls. It Starts Right Up And Runs Ok Afterwards, But It Is A Hassle To Drive It.

CaliCruiser

Reaction score
Engine stall

I am hopping onto this thread as the original post sounds similar to my problem. Story:
-2006 LR3 HSE, purchased in 2005
-159K miles
-All routine service, and those lovely unexpected LR fails all serviced at our local dealer.
-Within 6 months of purchase, the car stalled while driving on the freeway.
-Dealer ripped apart the car, and replaced the gas tank (tank was a known problem back then, though this car already had the new tank). They let the battery die, and had to erase/reload all software. Never had the problem again until now.
-3 weeks ago, warm engine, 'reduced engine performance' warning came on. Within 10 minutes, driving slow/low idle turning up my driveway, engine stalls corresponding to a dip in idle. I could reproduce this 2 additional times. Next day 'reduced engine performance' is gone. Take car to dealer. No alerts or codes. Cant find anything wrong.
-3 days ago, cruise control set at 70 on freeway, 'reduced engine' comes on again, but dissapears within a minute or so. I turn off cruise control, drive another 20 miles, with multiple stops and turns off the freeway without a problem at first, and then while mid-turn on a corner, it stalls. No power. I have enough momentum to stop on the next street and restart the engine easily.
-problem has not come back yet, but I don't want to get broadsided if it stalls while I make a left hand turn across a busy street...
-the only other peculiar thing for more than a year is that it will have trouble starting if the tank is < or= 1/4 full, especially on a nose down incline. We avoid this problem by always having more than 1/4 tank gas.

I have an appointment with the dealer, any ideas I should pass on? Thanks for your help!

frankgoss

Reaction score
Wife 08 JAg hads simular issues? Limp mode!

When hard driving wife's Jag (Ford V6) get " reduced pwer" . Dealer wants $2k to changed injectors (Ford $29 @). Resolded issue by stopping car,and restaring, issue canceled, but no more agressive Sport driving. Not a 911!:argh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA