Discovery died day after got it, help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkingan

Reaction score
Well i got my daughter a used 2003 rover discovery and everything was good. today she was going to work and got 1/8 mile down the road and it just shut off. she pulled off placed it in park and it woulnt start. cranks fine no go. pulled it home and was checking the fuel pump. the typical open the cap have one person listen for the pump and turn the key on. we didnt hear anything so i thought bad fuel pump. i also checked the fuel pump fuse and it was ok. checked the relay and it seemed ok. put everything back in and and after sitting 45 min just tried to start it on a whim and it fired right up. no codes nothing. ok bad relay then. 3 min later shut off. wouldn't start again. now i have searched the forums and it seems crank shaft sensor?? but why would it start then? fuel pump, experience tells me they either work or not.. relay getting hot?? any ideas or where to start, i'd love to get this running and its a shame she been wanting one of these for awhile and 24 hours later its down. any help would be appreciated.:hmpf:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM me your number and I'll call and walk you thru what to check and do.
Do not drive it again or you will be towing it home again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi