Discovery 2 ignition switch issues, NOT ignition lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrischris70

Reaction score
2001 LRD2 4.0
Hello all, and may I say thank you for looking at this thread. I will start by saying I have scoured this site and others to try and figure this out. My ignition switch is going out. Starting the truck is a pain, it will spin, and start, but once switched into the on position, it shuts of because it reads that it is in the accessory position. I am able to start the truck and keep it running if I rev the engine up and find the sweet spot that allows the truck to read that the key is in the on position. My question is, has anyone else experienced this, and if so, were you able to fix the ignition or did you have to buy a new one? I'm wanting to try and figure this out before I take the ignition switch apart, and possibly ruin it.

uoflcardfan77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You may want to post this in the D2 section as not all members will stop by the Introduction section of the forum. Also, people with the same LR will be better able to address your problems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut