Cleaning your Land Rover's A/C Drain Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaydog

Reaction score
Possible leak from windshield - mine leaked a few years back and soaked the carpet. Had an auto glass shop reinstall the same window and leak gone! I also have the A/C issue that I have to clear out a few times a year.
'98 Disco LSE

I have a '98 Discovery, and I just removed the plug (I'm fairly certain that was it) and cleaned the drainage line with a bent coat hanger a little bit, but I didn't get any water spilling out, like others have reported. Does this mean my wet floorboard problem might be further up the system?

MKFowler

Reaction score
Thank you for the info and photos, it took 2 minutes to clear the dirt and water from the air conditioner. Problem fixed, money saved!!

mavely1234

Reaction score
Dear Sirs,

I have a 2007 LR2. LEFT HAND DRIVE Can someone help me with some details regardind A/C drain plugs at the bootom. How many drain plugs? Exact location with pictures / diagaram. I want to clear out my drains which are spilling back into my floor boards. Will be of great help If someone can get back ASAP.

Thanks,

Joseph

hirokato

Reaction score
Thank you for the very helpful instructions. The procedures were spot on.

[email protected]

Reaction score
How do I replace the drain pipe

I wish I got hold of this forum before I pulled out the whole rubber pipe. (see attached photo)

My problem is two fold. I had water dripping on the transmission switch causing it to give an error. I removed the pipe on the passenger side (R/H Drive) because of this. Then the carpets started to get soaked on passenger side. Haven't rained in a while in Cape Town.

How do I refit this pipe and how do I stop it from dripping on the switch again.

Kind regards

Pierre

Attachments

• Disco2 AC drain pipe.jpg
    Disco2 AC drain pipe.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 103

Medicontrol

Reaction score
HELP! I Cant find the drain tubes - I've been under the car tonight and cant see it anywhere - the pics don't show WHERE under the car it is and I'm fed up of a footwell swimming in water with electrics underneath! Its a Jan2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S RHD UK model. PLEASE HELP!!!

[email protected]

Reaction score
Wet floor board...

I have a '99 Disco 2 ...trying to find the drain *******, but can't locate them. I looked at pics, but still no help..any tips?

colbytnelson

Reaction score
Pictures of Drain *******

Hey [email protected],

I am currently working through the same issues on my '03 Disco II. My car acumen is quite low, but hopefully it's not the blind leading the blind.

I have also attached two photos that I think may help. Please note, the passenger side drain ****** is missing on my Disco, but the driver's side is in place.

Side note: If anyone has suggestions about missing drain *******, I'd greatly appreciate some guidance!

1. When crawling underneath, consider where you think the center console is in relation to where you are looking.

2. I've heard other descriptions, but try to locate the "front-end" of the transmission is.

3. When you've found this spot, you will see openings on either side. Your drain ******* are located in this area.

Be sure to confirm that the Disco I has two drain ******* though (For some reason, I think I read that there is only one).

Attachments

• Drivers Side Drain ******  - Land Rover Discovery II.jpg
    Drivers Side Drain ****** - Land Rover Discovery II.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 229
  • Passenger Side Drain ****** - Land Rover Discovery II.jpg
    Passenger Side Drain ****** - Land Rover Discovery II.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 153

JUKE179r

Reaction score
I'd like thank all for the info!!!
I have a 2001 Disco and it was dripping water onto both driver and passenger floorboards...
I crawled under the front of the truck with a hyper bright LED flashlight,
found the 2 drain ******* (one is above the xyz switch and the other is directly across from it),
squeezed the ******* (tee hee!) to get the water and gunk out (a quite a bit of water came out of both drain holes),
carefully stuck a long slim Phillips screwdriver in through the ****** to properly clean it out and the drain tube cavity,
cleaned up the area with a rag.

No leaks on the floorboard after 2 months and many air conditioner uses.

I forgot to mention, on my Disco II the small rubber drain ******* can be removed and be reinserted. I learned that the hard way.

Last edited:

Randy Hohman

Reaction score
Just arriving back home from the British Invasion in Stowe VT, had a swimming pool on the passenger side. Jacked up my 2004 Disco and bingo fixed the problem. Great stuff. Thank you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut