I'm developing a LR habit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kildaere

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a former LR ****** who had kicked the habit for a few years, but I'm afraid I'm hooked again. I previously owned an '06 LR3 and (aside from the gas mileage) loved that truck like no other. I just picked up an '03 DIsco II SE, and found this forum when searching for maintenance tips. Good stuff!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on it and what will be used for.
Look on either the LRO or the Land Rover Forums, go to the D2 section and find my stick for mainatnce on a high miler, then lets talk.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 2011 LR4 and slowly turning it from a soccer mom car to a overland vehicle. And yes we need help! A discount card would be lots of help!!!!

Kildaere

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

The truck has 121k. I have become very familiar with your "high miler" service thread and I am slowly making my way through it (thanks much for all the work you put into that). I've replaced the plugs/wires, flushed the brake fluid and cleaned the throttle body so far. I should receive my two cans of Seafoam on Monday and will do the fuel tank and induction cleaning, then change the oil/filter.

The current tstat housing is grey, but I'm not sure if it's the aftermarket 180 deg tstat -- the hoses appear to be in good shape. The front drive shaft is definitely OEM, so that's a priority. And I know the diff and xfer case fluids should be changed.

I also need to adjust the rear door as I've noticed the cargo carpet is soaked after the heavy rains this week. It looks like the top needs to be rotated inward. Any advice on the best way to do that (i.e., which hinges to loosen)?

Thanks!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want any help, send me your number and I'll call and give you some help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA