2015 LR4 - Questions, advice, thoughts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamievo

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a 2015 Land Rover LR4.
Already have a 2014 RRS and love it.
Looking for something bigger and love the look of the LR4. Don't want to wait until 2015 out of fear of big changes to the style.

Has anyone initiated the process of ordering a 2015 LR4?
Options that you feel are essential?
Accessories that are recommended?
Is the HSE Lux worth it over the HSE model?
Did you (will you) have to pay MSRP?

Other thoughts on the new model? Must do or do nots?

Thanks in advance. Looking to test drive a 2014 in a week or so.

GreeN YarN

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a 2015 Land Rover LR4.
Already have a 2014 RRS and love it.
Looking for something bigger and love the look of the LR4. Don't want to wait until 2015 out of fear of big changes to the style.

Has anyone initiated the process of ordering a 2015 LR4?
Options that you feel are essential?
Accessories that are recommended?
Is the HSE Lux worth it over the HSE model?
Did you (will you) have to pay MSRP?

Other thoughts on the new model? Must do or do nots?

Thanks in advance. Looking to test drive a 2014 in a week or so.

I'm interested in some of this as well. I have been lurking the past few weeks trying to learn about LR4's on this forum.

I have found a dealer near me with an allotment coming in November that hasn't been spoken for so we out a deposit on it. We are ordering a 2015 LR4 HSE Lux that is basically loaded: HD package, Vision Assist, Comfort Package (whatever the 7 row option is called), a new (for 2015) adaptive cruise control.

I think I am going to get any accessories from aftermarket companies. We are considering a roof rack, skid plate and, possibly a winch.

The negotiations haven't started yet but it seemed the dealer was only going to give me breaks on any accessories that we purchased from them. I don't know if this will change once we start talking about trade-ins, etc.

The vehicle is supposed to be delivered mid/late November and we have until Oct 25 I believe to change our order.

Hope this helps!

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the pricing process is different, but I recently ordered a MY14 HSE (order in June, delivered in Aug), I spoke with several dealers and there seemed to be a consensus.
  • All orders are strictly MSRP (no ifs ands or buts).
  • Buying off the lot was at least $5k above MSRP due to demand.
  • Ordering accessories can provide a slight discount.

In hindsight I wish I would've completely loaded it up, HSE LUX, RSES, etc. The price wasn't that much more and why not have the extra goodies.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$5,000 above sticker price? It is crazy. It looks like used LR4s will keep the value. Especially thosr with V8 and heavy duty package.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 will be here in about a month so says my dealer. Ordered it a few months ago. Got the HSE because that's what my current one is and I have no complaints. I don't see the point of the lux personally because it doesn't give me anything I'm willing to pay extra for or even need. I feel like cars these days are taking the driver out of the equation more and more and I'm not a fan. It's like the goal is for a driver to not have any responsibility for attention or effort at all!

That's not for me. As for options I feel are worth it, I got the comfort package with dual air and heated everything lol I do live in wisconsin. I also got the black design with 20inch wheels but thats just cosmetic. I love music so I got the up graded sound system too.

Yes I will be paying MSRP. There just isn't enough supply around here to keep up with the demand so there's not much choice. If I didn't take the allotment, someone else would have for sure. I'm a little nervous about the feel of it with the loss of the v8's torque but the acceleration numbers between the two give me some hope. I will for sure miss the sweet sound of the 5.0 but what can you do. Hopefully this new v6 is smooth as well and doesnt thrash too much when pushed.

I would never ever consider accessories from the dealer. They are always going to be a rip off. Even with "deal" pricing. The aftermarket has you covered for just about everything and with far better prices. Especially if you can do some stuff yourself.

aj22

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the pricing process is different, but I recently ordered a MY14 HSE (order in June, delivered in Aug), I spoke with several dealers and there seemed to be a consensus.
  • Buying off the lot was at least $5k above MSRP due to demand.
  • Ordering accessories can provide a slight discount.

In hindsight I wish I would've completely loaded it up, HSE LUX, RSES, etc. The price wasn't that much more and why not have the extra goodies.

I used Costco auto program, and dealers that participate are obligated to honor the agreed price. It's roughly $2500 off if you have a dealer near you. I bought off the lot from a dealer that had exactly one LR4 in stock(my previous car was totaled, I couldn't wait for build-to-order), and got $2k off list, because it wasn't a Costco dealer, but I used the price to negotiate. Rover dealers are very good about not poaching each other's customers out of area(or colluding, depending on your point of view :frown: ), but I really don't think anyone needs to pay over MSRP.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$5,000 above sticker price? It is crazy. It looks like used LR4s will keep the value. Especially thosr with V8 and heavy duty package.

The truth. I was pricing mine recently while considering selling it (to build a 110) and was astonished how high the value is.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I ordered a 2014 last year and walked in with a check made out with the dealers name on it for the $5000.00 order deposit, signed and ready for bank deposit. I told my sales guy who I had been working with that I will sign papers today if they gave me $2000 off the fully loaded LUX (less rear seat entertainment) price.

I flashed the check and 10 minutes later the deal was done. I should have asked for more as they didn't counter. I'd say walk in with a check and ask for $3000 off.

I am now waiting on a 2015 LR4 LUX replacement for our "Lemoned" 2014 LR4 LUX. Due to arrive late November.

Again, I chose to forego the Rear Seat Enter. as well as the new Adaptive Cruise Control and InControl Phone Connection. We stuck with our original LUX package.

Its my wife's truck and I make every effort to steal it from her when she's not using it. :creep: Aside from our lemon issues, we absolutely love this vehicle. On road or off, its a beast. No doubt about it.

For a few extra grand just do the LUX. :biggrin:

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should've just got the RSES and ACC with that 3k off!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA