Opinions on best year for a used RR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pohrem

Reaction score
I have a 1999 HSE and a 2000 HSE - the 1999 has cost me more money than I can count, but I love it. The 2000 has cost me very little, and is extremely reliable. The 2000 is a great vehicle!

Shark_LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just traded our '05 Lr3 for an '06 RR HSE. The LR3 had a bad coil and full tank leak. We had suspension issues too. The RR drives really nice, we'll see if it is any better fault wise. Gonna miss the 7 seats for the family tho.

thefallgirl

Reaction score
deciding between a 98 and an 01 Disco

Hello!

I am looking at a 98 with 150k and an 01 with 99k.
This will be my 5th LR and my 3rd disco. The first LR that I bought was an 01 and I had absolutely NO issues with it. When I went into the dealership to extend the warranty I ended up putting the cash down on a 2000 disco II. While I put nearly 100k miles on it, I had moved to a cabin in Montana (no LR dealership in the entire state) and the transmission went out. After a trip to Spokane and one new transmission, the disco came back with a new transmission. It failed less than two weeks later. LR replaced again and that only lasted about 40k. After that I decided to go classic RR but the 89 I bought I never restored. Sold it to a car guy and bought a 93 RR. Less than 150 miles in, a head gasket blew. It was a nightmare. Why would I consider a LR after all of that?? Crazy, I know!

The Land Rover is hands down my all time favorite vehicle on and OFF road!
I was told by a service manager that he rarely sees 01 discos in with major problems and the same with 97. I am heavily leaning towards the 01 with less miles even though it will require some travel. He is asking 4,500.
Thoughts anyone on years? asking price?

Many thanks!