Oil Leak in RR HSE 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

agoritsk

Reaction score
I have a RR HSE 2008 with 107k miles on it... Have maintained it pretty regularly with oil changes every 5k miles, spark plugs at 95k or so, and all the other normal stuff, diff fluids, transfer case fluids, brakes and rotors, coolant and brake flushes.

Last year I had an issue where my rpms dipped and i cleaned the throttle body and all is well since. Have used techron fuel injector cleaner at about 95k and just used bg44k at 106k... no issues, but just figured id try to clean anything that i can....

so last week i went in for an oil change and they noticed an oil leak.... seems like there is some oil on the front of the engine... they said tha tmaybe from the timing gasket in the front or possibly front drivers valve cover... they explained it as some oil "sweating" and that it is normal with vehicles with so many miles.

i had them replace the pcv valve (my own request) as it is mentioned on this site that it should be routine maintenance.....

now as i read more online, i read that pcv malfunction can cause leaks..... any chance that this could be due to pcv malfunction? besides the pcv valve, any other parts to consider replacing?

thanks for your input/comments in advance....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi