05 LR3 driver door wont open from interior but will from exterior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tboard24

Reaction score
About a week ago the driver door handle started acting strange.. at first I had to pull the handle twice to open the door, but now the handle won't open the door at all from the interior. The locks still work and I can open the door from the outside. Before it was completely failing to open the door I remember there being a lot of friction when I manually locked the door.

Does this sound like I need to replace the actuator or is it just a cable binding?

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have same problem..I hit lock button twice on fob and it unlocks. I also have to hit the key fob twice to lock. I think it needs lube inside door and I don't know how to open the door panel to lube it.

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nickcaraux

Reaction score
I've had a similar problem, but mine was on the passenger side and i had to remove the door handle, window crank, and door panel to replace the latch. It's quite a process, here's a general link i consulted that might help you. Hope you can get your door fixed.

Last edited:

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you own an 05 and are having problems with your door latch, you really need to replace it. Sometime in 2006 the latch designs were changed. I had to replace both front latches on my 05. Somewhere on this site I posted instructions on how to do it. Mechanically it's not a difficult repair it just takes some jiggling and a lot of finger dexterity to hook the cables while the latch is inside the door.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see the problem.
Is your wife not willing to walk around and open the door for you?!?

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV