fuel issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bleu62

Reaction score
Hey! just joined. 97 Disco SD7 i rescued from a neighbors driveway. Had a lot of fuel probs due to sitting for 5+ years.
today, headed out and it "ran out" of gas. left key on and finally got it started. pump seems fine but did pressure check at fuel rail. 85psi..... i'm thing the reg is stuck wide open. do you concur? pulled filter also and still had a lot of crap from before so i'll change in the morning. thoughts on the reg, though, before i go drop $125 at O'reillys.. thanks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, If you have 85PSI at the rail that is way to much.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your gauge. 85 psi is more than the fuel pump will generate. Though I suppose the pump could fail so that it never shuts off, but usually they fail to pump.

bleu62

Reaction score
Fuel

Hey, thanks. ordered a new reg. Just waiting to arrive. old on e was full of trash. will let you know.

bleu62

Reaction score
Hey, got the Pressure reg installed. ran great until i killed it. now no power to the pump. checked the fuse and it's ok. is there a relay (or something else) i can check. thanks, guys!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi