Questions Regarding LR3 For First Time Buyer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

just_looking

Reaction score
Hello, I'm currently looking to purchase a new (to me) vehicle and have come across a 2006 LR3 V6 4.0L/244 4WD with ~125k miles. The AC doesn't seem to run at full efficiency for very long at all. The dealer is an auto auction business that also sells the cars between auction. The inside is very nice, outside aside form one fairly minor scratch is great as well.

Now, this is my first vehicle purchase as my current 1999 Chevy S10 (110k miles) was essentially inheritance. I'm not letting the looks of a much fancier vehicle sway me into making an uneducated purchase (nice thought they are) and have done a pretty good amount of reading online this last week but I'm still left with a few questions.

Asking price is $10,900 though I think a more realistic range would be $8500-9000 based on the results of negotiations on my mother and brother in law's vehicles (both 2010 I think) from the same dealer. First off, is this a reasonable price for this many miles on an LR3?

Second, typically what is the expected life expectancy mileage-wise on LR3s and Land Rovers in general? I'm still trying to research this and am finding a straight forward answer elusive. I average between 5-6k miles a year on the high side.

Third, I'm used to a '99 S10, I've lived and drove with some minor bugs here and there with this truck. If I have electrical issues with a LR3 will this seriously inhibit driving it on a day to day basis? (less than 2 mile work commute, around town, a few off road camping trips and road trips a year) I'm not used to technology in a car past auto-pilot, hell, I don't even have auto locks yet. lol

Last, this LR3 seems to have been maintained fairly well from looking on Carfax and I will try to get a family friend who works on Land Rovers to come look at it with me when he's back in town soon but at 125k miles am I looking at loads of costly replacements and repairs even though it's been taken care of?

If you took the time to read and or answer any of these I'm very grateful and if you think I'm in over my head with a first time LR I'm not too immature for harsh honesty, that's why I'm asking all this. If I forgot to mention anything, I apologize, it's late and I've been reading two screens for a few hours.:stupid:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA