LR4 - soon to be the 'discovery' - new concept car... maybe out in 2016/7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, I seen the discovery sport at the dealership recently (concept for a car show) but it looked very good.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sat in a Discovery Sport at my dealership yesterday and talked for a while with my service rep. He has seen the new Discovery. What will be the 2016 Discovery. (No more LR4 but we already knew that.) The Discovery will look like a larger (longer, taller, wider) version of the Discovery Sport. One thing he pointed out is that they are going to keep the design of the 2nd and 3rd row seats/cargo area. Well, some minor improvements such as the middle row being able to slide forward and back. But the ability to become completely flat and configure it a zillion different ways is something owners really like (like me) so that will stay.

He also said that, as most already know, they will be introducing turbo-diesel engines in the RR and RRS next year. Probably not in the Discovery in 2016. But very likely later. In fact, it is likely that all of the lineup will have TD available eventually.

abbierwl

Reaction score
thanks! do we know when its released here in usa? in meantime maybe i hold off on buying an lr4 -i have one on order and do love them but would be v interested in the turbo diesel aspect... perhaps wait/hold off.

will try and google more photos.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut