Anyone have Tactical Rover Sliders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the hunt for some sliders with air compressor/tank protection and tree protection/standoffs.

Looks like I have 2 choices - Tactical Rovers and RoverSpecialties.

For the same price as the RoverSpecialties I can get the tactical rovers and throw in a fuel tank skid.

Second thought - the wife doesn't like the look of the exposed standoffs - so I'm going to get out the welder and add some sheetmetal to the top and bottom to enclose the standoffs. With the tactical rover's being square, this will be tons easier and I think the square look matches the LR3 better.

So basically at this point I'm pretty set on the Tactical Rover's - just want to see if anyone has anything good/bad to say about them

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would highly advise to get the extra bit of bar, it doubles as a great step, and added protection, which I believe is needed.

I do not have the tank protector, nobody offered to throw that one in ..... I would not hesitate to pick them up. I got mine from Lucky8.. great service.

Let me know what else you want to know.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if they are better-made than Rover Specialties then you should certainly get them! ....because the Rover Specialties sliders are simply indestructible and well-integrated. I am extremely happy with them.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's compare pictures of both installed... from the bottom. I think either one is good, but the Tactical might be a bit more rugged, and heavier. I'll take a couple of pictures and post them up tomorrow.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way. The RS Sliders are 125 per side and mount to the rig via 9 (or 7?) different locations (per side) including two big pylon mounts on each side. I have BANGED the HELL out of them on many occasions and they have not even flinched. They are so solid you'd think they were welded on....

Turbo512

Reaction score
Its too bad they arent 125 per side anymore......Damn inflation.

So now that its 2012....whats the best sliders?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha ha haha....I didn't mean to come on so strong, tlt. I'm sure they are both good....and I'm sure someone would be happy to do the pic comparison; I just have crummy luck with taking and up-loading pics.

@Turbo: I mean 125 pounds per side....

Turbo512

Reaction score
Wait....I saw 2006 and thought that was when you posted Houm.....Thats the year you joined.

I just looked at Lucky 8 and the RS Sliders are $1500.00

Can I get your discount.....Ill take 100 pairs.

Turbo512

Reaction score
ahhh....ok. I need to put my mechanics hat on when I post these damn messages

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA