Life expectancy on a 4.4L engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonbishop32

Reaction score
Been looking into a few Range Rover HSE lately and going to buy a pre loved one, looking at 08 models and up, just wondering what the life expectancy on these engines are [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
That is really a hard question to ask, kind of like asking how long will my old 460 engine last. Well it is a 1974 engine and it still runs strong. I even have a 1946 Dodge that still runs like a sewing machine. I had a honda that died around 80k miles once and my first land rover made it to 160k miles, the only reason it died was the frame rotted out. Engine still made power to have fun.

Has the oil been changed regularly, plugs wires, air filter. Has it been taken care of or is it a lease vehicle that someone drove and didn't care if anything was done. I even had a friend that had an old 3.9 Rover engine with over 500k miles but he was a maintenance freak his engine didn't even leak oil he took such good care of it.

jonbishop32

Reaction score
That is really a hard question to ask, kind of like asking how long will my old 460 engine last. Well it is a 1974 engine and it still runs strong. I even have a 1946 Dodge that still runs like a sewing machine. I had a honda that died around 80k miles once and my first land rover made it to 160k miles, the only reason it died was the frame rotted out. Engine still made power to have fun.

Has the oil been changed regularly, plugs wires, air filter. Has it been taken care of or is it a lease vehicle that someone drove and didn't care if anything was done. I even had a friend that had an old 3.9 Rover engine with over 500k miles but he was a maintenance freak his engine didn't even leak oil he took such good care of it.

Awesome thank you Joey, this is gonna be a tough one, found a 2010 I love with 86k on it... And another 2010 with 68k, now gotta look into which one I like better, is there a major tune up on these at 100k like every other vehicle?...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty much the same. Plugs are to last that long, of course all the other fun stuff you will need done. Keep in mind unless you know the service history. Plan to change all the fluids when you buy one. Like most vehicles these days they seem to claim transmission fluid is good forever and claim it is a sealed system. Don't believe everything you read. Change everything.

Of course I would do the same in any vehicle I bought used.

jonbishop32

Reaction score
I'm getting all the fluid info as we chat, one thing I was wondering is, performance parts for a 2010 hse are damn near impossible to find, was looking for a cold air intake and no dice.... If anyone knows of a good CAI let me know please [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The factory intake works very good, not sure I would change it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV