Transmission Fail Safe stuck in Lo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsmjc

Reaction score
so my son bought him self a 2004 range rover first day he went up in the hills and broke his cv axel i am assuming going to fact in Lo.

We have replaced the axel not the darn thing is stuck in Lo with the fail safe warning.

The transmission seems to work fin in Lo when I remove the transmission fuses it will go into high but a limp mode.

I tested the transfer box motor per this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJqd3oTsh1w

it tested fine.

I limped it to autozone the code pulled is P0721 output shaft speed sensor

I know I should have the codes read with testbookT4 but Land Rover is 20 minutes away via the freeway.

there is a abs light and break light on also. ( Will that make the transmission go into fail safe and not shift out of lo)

I tried to do the calibration with fuse 37 but cannot get it to work.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Couple of things I would look at. First check the brake fluid level for the brake light ABS light. I would also have the battery tested. Sounds crazy, but remember with all the electronics in a rover even slightly low on voltage will cause issues.

nsmjc

Reaction score
Battery was low

the battery was low had it tested and tested good had it charged up however no joy still stuck in lo and transmission fail safe

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA