The annual 19 inch tire question! Whattya got? Whattya like?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PWD2

Reaction score
So far the Nokian's are great but then haven't had any weather to try them out in. I can definitely feel a big improved difference between the Nokian's and the Pirelli's. So much better. The Pirelli's always felt a bit soft and squishy. I prefer more truck-type tires as I run on my 1996 Tahoe and these Nokian's feel more like that. Will report more later.

Just wondering how the wrg3s are working out ? Also considering nokian rotiiva atr but need to run 18" wheels. Not too many used sets of 18" LR wheels around at the moment.

Like my LR3 hse but not quite the same balance of luxury vs utility as my old D2. I ran set of bfg mtr and second set of original Nokian wr on the d2. Both excellent tires.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered some DuraTrac in 265/65R18 for the rims I haven't ordered yet (Compomotive is out for two weeks - vacations) , but the DuraTrac also exist in 255/55R19 now in the US.
Can't wait to test them out.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good on the Nokian's. Granted, most of my driving since I got them has been on pavement and a bit of sandy beach roads. Almost no snow since I got them. Figures!
But they stick well on the roads.

Trekker

Reaction score
Just ordered some DuraTrac in 265/65R18 for the rims I haven't ordered yet (Compomotive is out for two weeks - vacations) , but the DuraTrac also exist in 255/55R19 now in the US.
Can't wait to test them out.

Let me know how it goes ordering the Compomotive rims; I'm thinking about going the same route with 18" wheels.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know how it goes ordering the Compomotive rims; I'm thinking about going the same route with 18" wheels.

Been waiting for the past 2 weeks for them to come back from vacation!
Lucky Europeans.
It will be the first thing I do on Monday.

Trekker

Reaction score
I'll probably go with the same tire (Goodyear Duratrac in 265/65R18). I had a set of those on my Hummer H3 and they were the best combination of load road noise, off road performance, and traction on snow/ice. They also do really well in mud.

Last edited:

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the Compomotive rims a few hours ago.
They cost a huge chunk of cash.
Hopefully will be here in the next week or so.
DuraTracs are waiting to be mounted and driven in dirt.

Trekker

Reaction score
Ordered the Compomotive rims a few hours ago.
They cost a huge chunk of cash.
Hopefully will be here in the next week or so.
DuraTracs are waiting to be mounted and driven in dirt.

Same here! Placed my Compomotive order today. I'm probably going to go with the 265/60R18 DuraTracs.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did you end up paying if you don't mind sharing?

Trekker

Reaction score
How much did you end up paying if you don't mind sharing?

£185 each rim and £289 for shipping for a total of £1214 GBP for 5 rims. With the international wire transfer charge and an exchange rate of 1.695 USD = 1 GBP it worked out to about $2,100. They only charged an additional £10 for shipping the 5th rim, so it's probably worth it to order all 5.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi