Sudden A/C Blower Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgbrown125

Reaction score
Greetings:
I drove home a couple of days ago with AC blower working as designed. Go in it to travel today and the blower is not working. Th AC works, but nothing coming through the vents.
Your help would be appreciated.
Barry
2000 LR Discovery II

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Check the fuse box under the hood, the odds are you have some corrosion in the box. It can be bypassed and run a hot to the fan circuit or you replace the fuse box, unless you get real lucky and find out you just have a blown fan fuse.

bgbrown125

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Joey
I've checked all of the fuses. Removed and re-inserted. I did not see any corrosion. Where should I look for corrosion?
I'll may run a hot to the fan circuit tomorrow.
Thank you

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The corrosion is under the top panel of the fuse block. Best check is to see if you are getting power to the fan circuit at the fan assy. If no power then your fuse block has corrosion if the fuses are good. If no power remember to put a fuse inline the hot line to prevent an electrical fire.

bgbrown125

Reaction score
A little lost

Can you elaborate a little on what to do here. Disco II Blower Assy.JPG
I do not see how to remove the fuse holder assembly under the hood to look for corrosion.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Fuse holder under the hood is a PITA to take apart.

In the picture you see the red and blue wires going into the fan assy, they are you power wires, they should go to a relay, check the relay for power if none, that is where you want to run a hot wire to, then when you turn on the vehicle the relay will kick and allow the fan to work.

bgbrown125

Reaction score
Fuse holder under the hood is a PITA to take apart.

In the picture you see the red and blue wires going into the fan assy, they are you power wires, they should go to a relay, check the relay for power if none, that is where you want to run a hot wire to, then when you turn on the vehicle the relay will kick and allow the fan to work.

There is power at the relay. I can feel clicks in the relay as I change fan speed. Coul the resistor pack in the blower unit be the issue?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, haven't seen that before... take the fan apart and make sure the bird cage isn't just full of crap

bgbrown125

Reaction score
Took it to my mechanic and he states that it is the blower resistor. Now I just need to find one at a decent price

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut