2003 Range Rover 4.4 Engine Died...cranks But No Start!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randyboy

Reaction score
GOT A 2003 ROVER WITH 115K THE ENGINE STALLED YESTERDAY AND IT FAILED TO START AFTER REPEATED ATTEMPTS. BATTERY AND STARTER ARE WORKING FINE. ENGINE LIGHT WAS ON FOR O2 SENSOR AND OBD REVEALED P1651.
ANY THOUGHTS? CRANK SENSOR? FUEL PUMP/RELAY? HELP!!!:mad:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would bet on crank sensor, but test with starting fluid first.

nyrover

Reaction score
Im pretty sure your fuel pump just hit the chitter.. Happened to mine and seems to be common with those symtoms. Try folding your rear passenger seats up and pounding on the floor real hard a couple times. Sometimes it get the pump flowing temporarily. This worked a couple of times for me before it gave out for good.

DL

GOT A 2003 ROVER WITH 115K THE ENGINE STALLED YESTERDAY AND IT FAILED TO START AFTER REPEATED ATTEMPTS. BATTERY AND STARTER ARE WORKING FINE. ENGINE LIGHT WAS ON FOR O2 SENSOR AND OBD REVEALED P1651.
ANY THOUGHTS? CRANK SENSOR? FUEL PUMP/RELAY? HELP!!!:mad:

swenrac

Reaction score
read that they'll keep this engine on the 2011 model also.hope u'll get yours fixed mate

USMC3051

Reaction score
i have a 04 RR my fuel pump went out at 90k banged on the access panels didn't work fuse change didn't work, new fuel pump worked, turn the key over and try to listen for the fuel pump priming , easier to here with back seats out, no noise its the fuel pump. need help finding it let me know dealer want 900$ for the whole assembly u just need the pump i got mine for 140$

ttemoney

Reaction score
06 RR 4.4L V8 fuel pump gone, where can I get one for a reasonable price?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut