2006 Range Rover front bumper removal help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Schroeder

Reaction score
Hello,

I've given it a go for a couple days now, searching forums, the internet, youtube and such to try and find a front bumper removal guide for my 2006 Range Rover HSE L322. Could anyone please guide me to the instructions? I'd greatly appreciate it.

confirmer

Reaction score
A pal of mine has also the same dilemma, what he did but to have it done by an expert. Its quite expensive though.

Greg Schroeder

Reaction score
A pal of mine has also the same dilemma, what he did but to have it done by an expert. Its quite expensive though.

I guess that's one way.

I did gather an expanded image of the parts and did the job myself by studying the assembly. I just wanted to re aline my bumper, headlights and grill so it looked fresh. My hope was that of all the people on this forum one might have a procedure list for accuracy purposes. No big deal though. I understand many people would prefer the convenience of dropping the car off for a few days, drive to pick it up, pay the 1600 dollar bill (quote I had) and be done.

I ended up spending sixty cents for some washers and doing it myself in an hour and a half. :wink:

Last edited:

confirmer

Reaction score
That good to hear. I hope you were able to doc the entire assembly as a reference to other. Good by the way.

Greg Schroeder

Reaction score
The screws which I loosened and tightened are as follows. I'm still uncertain of a technical detail which would be ideal however this is what I found. My write up probably shouldn't be taken as fact, but only as a point of consideration to be included with personal evaluation.

Grill - A few screws on top then lift out the grill. Pull the grill up and off. There is a sensor on a wire which is removed and replaced later at time of assembly.

Bumper - 2 in the front, 4 on top. The original design seems to look like the bumper will be in correct location naturally as the screws don't pinch the mounting tabs firmly. I put washers on the screws to allow a firm hold and better alignment. There are some brackets which mount on the sides of which have a sort of clip to hold the bumper.

Headlamps - With hood open, per each headlamp there are two tabs on top of the headlamp which flip up to reveal two screws and a third screw on the front of the headlamp. With the screws loosened the headlamp has some play to put in a natural looking alignment to grill, bumper and fenders.

Fenders - have 3 screws on top. When loosened the fender moves slightly to provide clean looking alignment to other parts.

Attachments

• 2006 Range Rover HSE Bumper.JPG
    2006 Range Rover HSE Bumper.JPG
    608.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 2006 Range Rover HSE.JPG
    2006 Range Rover HSE.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 44

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member