Range Rover 2014 5.0 SC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boss

Reaction score
hi guys, i have interest to buy this car
because i am less knowledge for knowing car,
i would like to seek for any advice please.

is this car have any common problem like high rate wear and tear, please list down your own experience =)
thx you:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Doomsday

Reaction score
First generation of any new model will have some bugs to sort out. Second year of production, a lot have been corrected.

Major wear item is brakes which are designed to wear evenly between the rotor and the pads. This means generally both get changed when you do the brakes. Expect to pay at least a grand each end. Fronts can be done DIY rears cannot since the emergency brake is computer controlled and you need dealer software to calibrate it.

Typical electronic issues will be resolved under warranty with software patches. Oil changes are typically annual. Coolant must be noted as you cannot mix organic acids with glycol based coolants. Know which one you have...likely OAC.

Tires on the now lighter SC will last longer than before, but they still wear quicker depending on brand. Make sure that you get the vehicle with tires that have a higher mileage warranty, especially for hot areas.

Know how to do a hard reset on the vehicle....in case you lose some functions and need to DIY to get them back.

If you buy it, change coolant regularly...this is the biggest problem I see affecting alloy engines.

Hope this helps.

boss

Reaction score
thank for your reply sir, it is quite helpful to me for survey.
so your mean the "tear and wear" of front both disc rotor and brake will be higher right?
i live in malaysia which 4 season is belong to hot.
how to diy or modify the front brake?

Doomsday

Reaction score
No modifications required, I am simply saying that if desired, you can change the front brakes rather easily yourself when the need a change to save money. Wear of the brakes will be normal there, but when the brake pads need changing, the rotors will need changing too most likely.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72