Opinions on best year for a used RR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pohrem

Reaction score
I have a 1999 HSE and a 2000 HSE - the 1999 has cost me more money than I can count, but I love it. The 2000 has cost me very little, and is extremely reliable. The 2000 is a great vehicle!

Shark_LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just traded our '05 Lr3 for an '06 RR HSE. The LR3 had a bad coil and full tank leak. We had suspension issues too. The RR drives really nice, we'll see if it is any better fault wise. Gonna miss the 7 seats for the family tho.

thefallgirl

Reaction score
deciding between a 98 and an 01 Disco

Hello!

I am looking at a 98 with 150k and an 01 with 99k.
This will be my 5th LR and my 3rd disco. The first LR that I bought was an 01 and I had absolutely NO issues with it. When I went into the dealership to extend the warranty I ended up putting the cash down on a 2000 disco II. While I put nearly 100k miles on it, I had moved to a cabin in Montana (no LR dealership in the entire state) and the transmission went out. After a trip to Spokane and one new transmission, the disco came back with a new transmission. It failed less than two weeks later. LR replaced again and that only lasted about 40k. After that I decided to go classic RR but the 89 I bought I never restored. Sold it to a car guy and bought a 93 RR. Less than 150 miles in, a head gasket blew. It was a nightmare. Why would I consider a LR after all of that?? Crazy, I know!

The Land Rover is hands down my all time favorite vehicle on and OFF road!
I was told by a service manager that he rarely sees 01 discos in with major problems and the same with 97. I am heavily leaning towards the 01 with less miles even though it will require some travel. He is asking 4,500.
Thoughts anyone on years? asking price?

Many thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA