04 range rover hse transfailsafe experience help to others

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PICCOLO777

Reaction score
Re thanks!

First of all, thank you for your reply!
This is a 2008 model with only 25000 kilometers on the odometer, I bought it with only 5000 kilometers about 4 months, tires are original and I never even used the spare one.
I changed the brake pedal switch, and the taillight lights, everything (OEM).
My mechanic says that his scanner is showing no communication with the control module, he thinks its the culprit, I am not so sure I thing it might be something else. Fail started about 2 months ago whiel pressure washing the car, I had the Christmas tree light issue on my dashboard and then about a month later the first trans failsafe error.
Hope this helps
Regards

PICCOLO777

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, theres been oil, brake pad sensors and brake pad changes as well

PICCOLO777

Reaction score
Re thanks!

First of all thank you for your kind reply, the car is a 2008 SC model, has 25000 kilometers, its almost new. I have never changed tires, and only oil, brake pads, brake pedal switch and tailight lights were changed, most of them OEM.
Thanks

Jsandoval2763

Reaction score
Not a problem. Ill try and help you out. The transfer shift motor should be on top of the transfer case you will see it once you get under the car. Does your car ever show the transfailsafe error as soon as you start it ?

PICCOLO777

Reaction score
Trans error

No, the error always comes after driving, never when it starts. As a matter of fact, when the error comes I will just resrart the car and will be back to normal until trying to move to 4th gear of course.

Jsandoval2763

Reaction score
Ok so the truck doesnt even get to 4th gear and are the rpms high in 3x ? If you can go to ur fuse box in the engine compartment or where ever your transmission controller module is at and disconnect all the plugs wait 2 min and plug back in . Go test drive it and tell me what happens it you can you can go ahead and disconnect the transfer shift motor connector and replug it back in when you are under the car go ahead and do those 2 steps and test drive it and let me know what happens.

PICCOLO777

Reaction score
great

Sure thing, do you know by any chance where can I get a diagram on where the transmission module is located? I am fairly new on Rovers and over here everything is closed because of holly friday, and dont have any mechanic to ask about. I will start with the transfer shift motor now.
PS its going to take a while because right now my car is cold and its going to take a while before the 1st error of the day appears, thanks again!

Jsandoval2763

Reaction score
Im not too familiar with your model truck but its usually behind the battery or there should be a black box with screws that you have to remove to take the cover off of . Let me know what happens. Sorry for late replies i am currently at work and have a small business after. Will get back to you asap

PICCOLO777

Reaction score
Tfs

Please dont mention it, I am very thankful. I will get to it during the day and let you know what happened.
Regards

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut