Look at two different Rovers, need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonbishop32

Reaction score
So like the title states im looking to finally pull the plug on my old vehicle and get a Land Rover! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] so here's the first one, it's a 08 4.4L with 50,100 miles on it and going for $25,500... The other is also an 08 4.2L SC with 119,000miles on it and going for $20,000... Mileage is abit high but how long do these engines last?.... I was trying to load the links on here but it's not working from my phone [emoji35] these rover are both at west coast rover, http://www.wcr4x4.net/inventory.php any help would be great, Gonna go look at them on Sunday [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] so stoked!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If it were my money I would go with the non supercharged version for 2 reasons. Lower miles and better fuel economy. How long they last will depend on how well they are taken care of. I have seen the newer rovers with over 200k miles on them from people who do nothing but highway miles and with very low miles and broken down, because they don't drive them and then don't take care of them.

jonbishop32

Reaction score
That's the one I've been looking at more so then the 4.2, if I did go with the Supercharged tho, how much are engine swaps in these guys?... Or has anyone had to do that yet?...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Engine swaps if you have someone do the work will be around $1100 I would guess... plus the cost of the engine. And More than likely having the ECU reprogrammed.

jonbishop32

Reaction score
Well I wet and priced out 4 different rovers... And sad to say the monthly payment wasn't in my budget.... So back to the work grind, and hopefully sometime soon I'll be back to get one... Thank you all

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about an LR3? The prices have come down significantly and could cure the Rover itch!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA