Advice on purchase of 2005 LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McDull-LOVESiu

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm brand new to the forum and I'm looking for advice on buying an LR3.
2005 LAND ROVER LR3 HSE
odometer: 120K
Budget before tax:8K

I was attracted by the good looks, low price and fancy name.
But the more I read, the more I question.
What I care about is that the costs and repair may occur after 120k miles.

any thoughts, suggestions?

Docddd

Reaction score
If you haven't bought a 2005 LR-3 yet, I'd seriously reconsider it. I've had my Rover for 8 years. I spend about $3,000 a year on maintenance. Everything that could go wrong has. It's like being an addict, you know you should stop, but you keep giving it one more chance. Did all the maintenance and still the engine crapped out at 106K miles. Air supports go out on the average of every 75K miles. I've completely sealed the roof port to stop the water leakage. The spare tire is a joke. I put a roof rack on to hold the spare (and also solid enough to stand on) If you put an ARB bumper w/winch, be prepared not to be able to remove the headlight assembly. Once you buy this piece of junk, you begin to learn how expensive the running parts are (Rear tail light assy = $300.) The rear bumper is crap. You have to remove the plastic and weld on a new one if you want to have mounting points or a swing-out spare tire. This was the "transition" model and even though Ford owned if during this time, there are no cross-reference guides to use ford parts. The transmission went out at 90K miles. When the new one stared leaking oil at the electrical connector, it cost $1,100 to repair it. But other than that - if you're a civilian and don't do off-roading, it would work for you. On a commercial basis, junk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA