Random amber 'engine check' illuminated with loss of power.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cavarks

Reaction score
Greetings. I have an issue with a Land Rover Discovery II TD5 2000 Model ZF vehicle that I would value some input on.

First, I have had on going issues with the 3 amigos. I got a service agent to cleared them (a number of times) and they return after a few hundred km.. so I have just put that a side...

But I have also had an issue with an amber 'check engine' warning display and power drop off. What happens: The amber 'check engine' light appears on the dash, at the same time there is (a pair of) red lights on both sides of the T-bar that start to flash, this is accompanied by an immediate cut in power (RPM drops to idle).
The only way to recover is to turn the key to the off position, select neutral and then restart the car.

This use to happen once or twice on a short drive but then disappeared for about a year, so never really caused a huge problem. Now has returned today, three time on a short drive.

I have some ideas but would appreciate an educated opinions?
M.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly my knowledge on the TD5 models is limited, but the 3 amigos is either a ground issue or the switch mounted under the ABS Modulator.

cavarks

Reaction score
Sadly my knowledge on the TD5 models is limited, but the 3 amigos is either a ground issue or the switch mounted under the ABS Modulator.

Ah, good to know, the auto electrician that took a look didn't find the cause. I will check this switch out later ...
Cheers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV