No3 piston excessivly carboned up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi guys

This is my first official post so be gentle with me, i have a 1988 90 that i am about to convert from a 2.5td to a disco 200tdi engine the engine is supposedly been recon'd a couple of years back and although the engine internally looks ok when i removed the cylinder head i found that no3 piston was excessively carboned up and partially covering the center hole in the top of the piston and want to know what causes this and what is best to remove it :confused:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably a bad injector caused the issue, as far as removing it, brass wire brush or something similar just make sure you use a shop vac or similar to get rid of all the leftover crud.

Reaction score
Probably a bad injector caused the issue, as far as removing it, brass wire brush or something similar just make sure you use a shop vac or similar to get rid of all the leftover crud.

Thanks joey for the reply only I have refitted the cylinder head now as I didn't want to mess with it in case i damaged the piston, is there anything I can put in the fuel that mite remove the crude.

The injectors look like they have been replaced / recon'd recently

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA