05 Range Tranny Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WileyRR

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i just purchased a RR 05 HSE, 130k miles, beautiful black and mint black interior. I thought i was in luck, until i test drove it. Please help guys heres the issue.

I started it up and it said trans safe mode, it drove almost like it should for a couple blocks and didnt act up to much, purchased the car from the seller. then when i was driving away, it started to act funky. The trans safe mode went away but it was hesitating to switch gears and was revving super high and when it got done with the low gears and when i wanted to stop, it basically forced itself to stop. I had to get it home so i through it in manual (tiptronic) mode and it started to drive but was revving super past the 4000 rpms on every gear and not going that fast, It almost seemed as the 3 gear was 1st gear and 5th was 3rd.

I've owned a few of these rovers and had a trans safe mode and it just didnt want to go into overdrive, but this one feels as if its the complete opposite. High Revs but no torque. i did notice the "Low" Light on the dash is on. Is this causing it, I immediately thought it was either the Trans Motor Gear Box or something along these lines.

PLEASE HELP!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Check battery and fluid level for the transmission.

WileyRR

Reaction score
I think what it is that it is stuck in Low Range Driving mode, and the switch isn't doing anything, I think the trans case needs to be replaced

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA