New LR owner and forum user

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TazDevil069

Reaction score
HI all.

Newbie to the site and to the brand, from Ontario, Canada.

Just bought a 1998 Discovery, 50th Anniversary Edition. Haven't picked it up yet but already know the first issue to fix:

-Heater core O-Rings

From reading on here and on other forums, many people suggest that it could be also the core itself that needs to be changed.

I've also seen nice by-pass procedures to prevent from dismounting the entire dash and center console... nice. However, the vehicle I'm buying had the previous owner start the procedure, by doing it the long way. Then he lost interest and put it up for sale.

Therefore, it's already pretty much dismounted at this point... so I guess I'll just take it from there and finish the job. Everything is exposed, I just need the new parts and changed them. Should I just buy the core directly and changed it, that way I don't have to do everything twice??

The funny part will be to reassemble, without knowing what goes where, since I haven't dismounted it.

SO... I will be looking for some help to re-assemble the dash and center console. Any thread on that? With pictures hopefully.

Many hours of fun ahead, but already looking forward to it.

Cheers!

Taz :hello:

tazammal

Reaction score
Therefore, it's already pretty much dismounted at this point... so I guess I'll just take it from there and finish the job. Everything is exposed, I just need the new parts and changed them. Should I just buy the core directly and changed it, that way I don't have to do everything twice??:creep::albertein

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum.... download the RAVE CD (repair manual in my signature) this should help with the repair.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV